What's new

Welcome to ComSci.

Welcome to our Computer Science Forum! Dive into discussions, resources, and collaborations with fellow enthusiasts. Let's explore the endless possibilities of technology together!

Ask question

Ask questions and get answers from our community

Answer

Answer questions and become an expert on your topic

Contact us

Contact the site administrator directly.

Jinggoy Estrada, ex-PDEA agent bring up each other’s criminal cases

janathan-morales-jinggoy-estrada-file-13may2024-1200x675.png

MANILA, Philippines — A heated exchange between Senator Jinggoy Estrada and former anti-drug agent Jonathan Morales during a Senate hearing on Monday brought up each other’s criminal cases.

Their verbal brawl started after Morales presented during the hearing a CCTV footage related to the allegedly leaked Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) documents linking certain personalities to illegal drugs.

Senators pointed out that the video seemed altered, prompting them to ask Morales to submit the original copy of the CCTV footage to the Senate committee on public order.

READ: Ex-PDEA agent forgets name of leaked documents source

“Mr. Chair, how can we be sure if the video that is going to be presented before the committee is totally unedited? Knowing this person has a lot of criminal records,” Estrada told panel head Senator Bato dela Rosa.

But Estrada’s remark visibly irked Morales, who retorted: “Your honor, ay parang hindi naman po maganda ‘yung sinasabi ni Senator Jinggoy Estrada patungkol sa’kin. Para namang ako talaga ang hinuhusgahan eh ako’y may kaso pa lang at hindi pa napapatunayan sa hukuman.”

(Your honor, it seems that what Senator Jinggoy Estrada is saying about me is not good. It’s like I’m really being judged when I still have a case and it hasn’t been proven in the court yet.)

“Hindi kagaya po ang ating butihing senador eh na-convict na po; ay ‘wag naman po ganun (Unlike our good senator who has already been convicted; let’s not do that),” he added, referring to Estrada’s conviction for bribery by the Sandiganbayan.

Estrada, however, quickly clapped back: “Alam mo Mr. Morales huwag mo pakikialaman ‘yung kaso ko. Problema ko ‘yun. ‘Yung kaso mo ang ayusin mo, ha?”

(You know Mr. Morales, don’t interfere with my case. That’s my problem. Mind your own case, ok?)

Dela Rosa intervened to defuse the tension, reminding Morales to treat Estrada with respect as an elected senator.

The contested CCTV footage showed Morales together with Investigation Agent Romeo Enriquez, who was talking to former National Police Commission (Napolcom) agent Eric Santiago.

But the video had some parts consistently skipped as it even showed subtitles.

In a previous hearing, Estrada already expressed his belief that it was Morales who leaked the PDEA operational dossiers himself.

He likewise disclosed several criminal complaints against Morales.

Reference: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/19400...dea-agent-bring-up-each-others-criminal-cases

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6